Job Opportunity with Ontario Basketball: Special Projects Coordinator
In a unique opportunity, Ontario Basketball (OBA) is looking for a dynamic individual who will be responsible for supporting the organization through administrative activities and special projects. The successful candidate will be involved in the overall administrative assistance to the coaching, marketing & communications, and high performance portfolios, organizing special events and meetings, and general administrative support under the guidance of the Manager of Marketing and Communications and Executive Director.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a team environment, demonstrate an energetic attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to OBA’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative assistance to Ontario Scholastic Basketball Association (OSBA) game communications and broadcasts
- Manage contributors and collaborators for broadcasts at OSBA schools/academies
- Travel weekly to OSBA schools/academies for “Games of the Week”
- Assist in the administration of National Coaching Certification Program workshops
- Coordinate merchandise (basketball store) and donations program
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Review operating practices and implement process improvements where necessary
- Liaise with stakeholders and team members as required
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- A university degree or college diploma in administration/management
- Experience in sport or a sport-related background is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical expertise with live streaming/broadcast technology
- High level of computer proficiency
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Be able to work independently, maintain tight schedules and flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) in a dynamic and service-oriented team environment
- Be able to handle multiple tasks, people, and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to meet critical deadlines
Compensation: $15.00 per hour for 37.5 hours per week (Full-time, 12-month contract with possibility of extension)
Application Process: Applicants should e-mail their resume and cover letter to Devin Gray, Manager of Marketing and Communications.
Application Deadline: Thursday, July 12, 2018
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For a full list of current basketball-related job and volunteer opportunities, visit Ontario Basketball’s Get Involved section.