Centre for Performance (CP), Centre for Performance (CP) is a nationally established program designed to develop athletes for the purpose of competing at the international basketball level. The program revolves around the “hot house” approach, which focuses on athletes in the key years of their development.
The emphasis of CP is to train skills that athletes do not otherwise have the opportunity to develop. CP is not based on a competition model; rather it is a group of athletes training in pods across Ontario, for the common goal of getting better.
The CP program exists to ensure continued identification for provincial and national level athletes and increased synergy with Canada Basketball’s Jr. Academy for athletes in Grade 5/6 and Grade 7/8.
Call for applications for Head Coaches has been posted on September 7, 2023. Deadline to apply through RAMP registration is September 15, 2023.
Athlete registration information:
- Girls tryout registration details will be posted by September 22, 2023. The expected start date of programming is mid-October.
- Boys will be posted after the October long weekend after the CB Jr. Academy tryouts. The expected start date of programming is early mid-late October.
|Region & Age Group||Coach|
|Peel Grade 5/6||TBA|
|Toronto Grade 5/6||TBA|
|Tri-County (KW/Guelph, Cambridge) Grade 5/6||TBA|
|Durham (Scarborough to Oshawa) Grade 5/6||TBA|
|Windsor Grade 5/6||TBA|
|Peel Grade 7/8||TBA|
|Toronto Grade 7/8||TBA|
|Tri-County (KW/Guelph, Cambridge) Grade 7/8||TBA|
|Durham (Scarborough to Oshawa) Grade 7/8||TBA|
|London Grade 7/8||TBA|
|Windsor Grade 7/8||TBA|
|York Grade 7/8||TBA|
|Ottawa Grade 7/8||TBA|
- Duane Notice – Current Raptors 905 (NBA G League) player
- Chris Egi – Former captain of Harvard (NCAA) men’s basketball team
- Kevin Pangos – Current FC Barcelona Basquet player
- Negus Webster-Chan – Current Saskatchewan Rattlers (CEBL) player
- Agunwa Okolie – Former Harvard men’s basketball player
- Dakota Whyte – Former University of Wisconsin (NCAA) player
- Kia Nurse – Current New York Liberty (WNBA) player
- Wumi Agunbiade – Former Duquesne University (NCAA) player
- Kellie Ring – Former Ryerson University and University of Ottawa (USports) player
- Megan Lukan – Former University of Wisconsin – Green Bay player, competed at 2016 Olympics in rugby sevens
- Hilary Hanaka – Former McMaster women’s basketball player, 2019 USports National Champion