Registration for the 2023-24 OBL season will be completed through RAMP, OBA’s new membership registration system. Please click on each of the buttons to view the PDF guides on how to register your team for OBL through RAMP or follow the instructions listed below.
OBL Registration Open
September 5, 2023
U9 to U12 Girls & Boys Registration Deadline
October 6, 2023
U13 to U14 Girls & Boys Registration Deadline
October 20, 2023
U15 to U19 Girls/Women Registration Deadline
November 6, 2023
U15 to U16 Boys Registration Deadline
February 19, 2024
U17 to U19 Boys/Men Registration Deadline
March 4, 2024
Section 1: Creating and Activating Your Account
I. Create an Account – Club Front-End
- After receiving the link to your club back-end registration site, login using the details provided to you by RAMP. Once logged in – on the home page you will see a link to your front end. Please follow that link. (Note: Instead of Ontario Basketball Programs – it should say your club name).
- Before registering your team, one person from your club must create an account using your own club front-end registration link. (Note: Instead of Ontario Basketball Programs – it should say your club name.a)
- Begin by selecting Don’t have an account? Create one Here.
- After entering your information and creating your account – login. Most of the time – you will be asked to verify your email on the following page, so re-enter your password as well as the 6 digit code in your email.
- Once you’ve logged in, you will arrive at the following page. Please select Coach/Staff Registration.
- Choose the “2023-2024 season”, and “Add an Account Member” along with all their details. (Note: Mandatory fields are marked in red).
- Next, choose a division and role.
- After signing, add emergency contact details.
- Once your emergency contact has been submitted – please answer the following two questions.
- Finally, confirm your details, enter your CC information, and click Submit Registration.
II. Activating Your Account – Club Back-End
- Before activating the account your club administrator will need to assign your profile. After logging into the clubs back-end – please use the left toolbar to select Registrations then Staff.
- Once you see the staff member you created an account for – click the blue edit box.
- Next, scroll down to Teams – and select a team, as well as a position. Once selected, click Add to Team.
- Now that a staff role has been assigned – you can now log into the Ontario Basketball Programs front-end using the following link:
Registration Link: http://OntarioBasketballPrograms.rampregistrations.com
Important Note: To be able to select your team when registering on the Ontario Basketball Programs front end – you must add your team, and assign the staff member that will be registering that team (paying the fees). To create a new team, use your club back end to go to Teams, Teams, Add New Record, and create your team (ensuring the active box is selected). Once the team is created, you may now assign a staff/executive member using the same process as before.
Section 2: Ontario Basketball Programs Tournament Registration
Registration Link: http://OntarioBasketballPrograms.rampregistrations.com
RAMP Registration System Admin Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLuYR1ml6qY
I. Login – Ontario Basketball Programs Front-End
- Begin by following the front-end registration link, you should end up at the following screen.
II. League Registration
- This is the home page – to sign up for OBA Championships and OBL, please select League Registration
- The following page should look like this, once here, please select the 2023-2024 season, and choose the staff/executive member that has already been assigned to the team you’d like to register.
III. OBA Competition Programs
- When prompted to choose a tournament – please select OBA Competition Programs.
IV. Club, Division & Tier Selection
- Once selected, you will be able to select your club, team name, division, and tier. (Note: below is a table to use as reference when deciding on your tier).
Girls Tier List:
Boys Tier List:
V. Package Selection
- Once you’ve selected your division and tier, choose the packages your team is interested in. As the team registration fee is already included, teams can now select OBL and/or OBA Championship. (Note: Once the one-time registration fee of $100 has been paid – you can complete your registration, and register for any additional packages for your team up until the deadline).
VI. Additional Info & Questions
- If applicable for your team, please answer the following question.
VII. Add Roster
- Use the next page to add players, team staff, and executives. Note: You may skip this part – players and staff may be added either via bulk upload or sending out a team link.
VIII. Review and Confirm Details
- After completing your roster, please review and confirm all details on the following page. (Note: This page will look different on a club to club basis).
- Enter your credit card information and fill out required fields.
X. Success Email
- Congratulations, your team is now registered for the 2023-2024 season! You should receive a success email within 24 hours confirming your registration.
XI. Questions and Concerns
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding registration – please contact OBL Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 3: Roster Population
XIII. Roster Method 1: Team Invite Code Option
The following instructions will show you how to upload/register players in the RAMP system via an invite code.
Before using this option please ensure that your club has a $0 player package available. To do this, follow the steps below. Click on packages from the menu on the left of your screen.
- Click on packages from the menu on the left of your screen.
- Select “Add New Record”
- Under the package type heading, select “player”. Under the “Season” heading, select “2023-2024 (Canada Basketball)”. Click the “Division” checkbox to select all divisions.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen to set the price. Set the price to “$0.00”.
- Scroll up and click the blue submit button. You are now ready to send your teams’ invite code to your players.
Go to the Menu on the left of your screen, scroll down to “Registrations”, and click on it. A Drop-down menu will appear – scroll down to “Teams” and click on it.
- Near the top of the screen, you should see an “Add Registration” tab. Click on it.
- You will then need to fill out the required fields (highlighted in red) and add the contact’s birthdate. You will need to have a registered team contact to proceed. This can either be a club administrator or a coach. If the team contact is already registered, they should appear when you type their name and click “search registrant”. Club administrators can list themselves as the team contact for each team if they wish. In this case you can ignore 5(b).
- a. Fill in the “Team Contact” fields and click “Search registrant”.
- b. You should see more fields appear under this section.
- Choose the appropriate team and division (age group).
- In the tabs under “Seasons” go to the “Teams” tab and click on “New Team” from the dropdown menu.
- Select the appropriate division and type your team’s name into the “Team” field.
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the webpage.
- Go back to “Registrations” and “teams.” Click on your team’s name and copy the invite code to your clipboard. You can send this link to your players so they can accept your team invite.
- Once the invitee clicks on the link provided, a page will appear where they can fill our their information to accept the invite.
- You will need to be an account member to accept the invite.
- If the player does not have an account, they will have the chance to fill out player information.
- Fill out the fields highlighted in red and click “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, players will need to sign in both signature boxes and click the checkbox to consent to the terms and conditions.
- Players’ parents will need to add parent/guardian information on the next page. Fill out the fields and click “Continue”.
- On the following page, answer the Canada basketball questions and click “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, players will see the information they entered on the previous pages. Once they confirm that the information is correct, they will need to scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Submit registration”.
- Players will see a message that says they have completed the registration and a confirmation email will be sent to the invitee.
- Once the player accepts the invitation, you can locate the player on the backend by going to “Registrations” and selecting “Players.”
XIV. Roster Method 2: Bulk Upload Option
Before using this option, create your teams.
- Go to the menu on the left of your screen and scroll down to “Imports” and click on it.
- Click on “Import registrations”
- You will see a set of instructions on how to build the bulk upload file. Follow them carefully and put them into a CSV file (.csv Comma Delimited).
- If you are having trouble with this step, please email (email@example.com) for a blank template.
- Select “Choose File” at the bottom of the page. Select your csv. file with your players listed.
- Click “Submit”
- You will see the players in your csv listed at the bottom of the page.
- Select “Import data” at the very bottom of the page.
- Once you have successfully imported your players, you should see the below message on your screen:
- Go to “Registrations” and click on “Players” to see your newly uploaded players.
- In the “Season” column, please write “2023-2024”
- Write “no” in the PSO column and “yes” in the NSO column