Job Opportunity: Acting Executive Director of Basketball New Brunswick
Basketball New Brunswick (BNB) is currently looking to fill the position of Acting Executive Director.
Job Title: Acting Executive Director
Employment Type: Full-time contact
Duration: April 2018 to September 2019
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the organization
- Lead, organize and implement all programs and events
- Act as main point of contact for the organization
- Maintain/update website and social media platforms
- Report to volunteer Board of Directors
- Manage staff and volunteers
- Liaise with partner organizations and member associations
See the full summary of responsibilities on the Basketball New Brunswick website.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education with a focus in Business Administration, Kinesiology, Recreation Studies or a related field
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and Google Drive programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and understanding of National Coaching Certification Program and Long-Term Athlete Development model
- Knowledge and understanding of the basketball landscape in New Brunswick
- Bilingual in French and English would be considered an asset
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional travel as well as evening and weekend work will be required. Time off in lieu will be given.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 16, 2018.
Basketball New Brunswick appreciates all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Basketball New Brunswick
Basketball New Brunswick is a not-for-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to grassroots, elite, coach and officials development. Incorporated in 1979, BNB is run by a volunteer board of directors, three full-time staff and many other dedicated volunteers in various roles around the province.