Updated November 20, 2020
NOTE: In order for any competition to resume, Ontario Basketball must reach Phase 4 of its Return to Play plan in accordance with health guidelines by the Ontario Government. Please contact Mike Barbin with any questions.
Changes & Points of Emphasis for 2020-21 Season
1. OBA Championships
- OBA Championship will be single culminating event instead of separate Provincial Championships and Ontario Cup.
- Game format will have 4 guaranteed games.
2. Ontario Basketball League (OBL)
- Condensed schedule for OBL 2021.
- 3 weekends – 7 games guaranteed. 8 teams per pool.
3. Minimum Number of Players on a Team
- Team requirements for U10-U12 will be reduced:
- 10 minimum players per team and 15 maximum players per team.
- Team requirements for U13-U19 teams will be reduced:
- 8 minimum players per team and 15 maximum players per team.
4. Team Participation Requirements for OBA Championships
- U10 – U12 only 6 games required or participate in OBL.
- U13 – U19 only 8 games required or participate in OBL.
5. Full-Court Press at Learn 2 Train
- U10: No press all game.
- U11: Press allowed only for the last 2 periods. 15-point drop back remains.
- U12: Press allowed only for the last 4 periods. 15-point drop back remains.
6. Coaching Certifications
- Certification requirements for U10-U19 teams will continue to be monitored and implemented.
- Coaching certification will not be mandatory for 2020-2021 if there are no coaching clinics offered by December 1st, 2020.