Call for Applications: Winter 2019 Internship
Ontario Basketball requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at a provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved with various areas of high performance basketball development including Ontario Scholastic Basketball Association (OSBA), Targeted Athlete Strategy (TAS), Centre for Performance (CP), and Team Ontario.
Reporting to the Coordinator of High Performance, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative assistance with high performance programs.
- Data entry and database/website management.
- On-site event management of high performance programs.
- Communicating with coaches, athletes, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport management or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Ontario Basketball, OSBA, and the high performance basketball environment in Ontario is an asset.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends).
Type of Position: Internship
Term: January to April 2019
Application Process: Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Linh Nguyen, Coordinator of High Performance.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 19, 2018
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For additional internship opportunities at Ontario Basketball as well as basketball-related job and volunteer opportunities, visit Ontario Basketball’s Get Involved page.