Call for Applications: Winter 2019 Internship
Ontario Basketball (OBA) requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at the provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved in various areas of Ontario Basketball’s community development programs, including Mega Hoops, Hoops & Spikes, Jr. NBA, Ontario Summer Development Program, and OBA Cares.
Reporting to the Coordinator of Community Development, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating community development programs and events and providing on-site support.
- Assisting with the coordination of the Ontario Summer Development Program.
- Leading skill development clinics in various communities across the province.
- Creating communication materials to promote community programs.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport management or related field.
- Experience with on-court basketball delivery.
- An understanding of Canadian Sport for Life and the Long-Term Athlete Development model.
- Familiarity and ease working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Communications-related experience including designing promotional materials and filming and editing videos is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends).
Type of Position: Internship
Term: January to April 2019
Application Process: Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Marlon Piedrahita, Coordinator of Community Development, with the subject line, “Winter 2019 Internship: Community Development”.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 19, 2018
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For additional internship opportunities at Ontario Basketball as well as basketball-related job and volunteer opportunities, visit Ontario Basketball’s Get Involved page.