Free training to help “Keep Girls in Sport”
Based on the new Keeping Girls in Sport e-module, there is a free, interactive training event on November 28 in Toronto hosted by the Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity (CAAWS) in partnership with MLSE LaunchPad and Jumpstart.
The event is designed to help organization leaders, coaches, club leaders and educators involved in the sport and physical activity sector to create a safe and respectful environment to encourage and enhance girls’ participation, as research studies have consistently shown that girls drop out of sport at a significantly higher rate than boys.
Register today! Space is limited.
Keeping Girls in Sports: Learning Through Action Training
Date: Thursday, Nov. 29, 2018
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: MLSE LaunchPad (259 Jarvis St., Toronto)
- FREE access to Keeping Girls in Sport e-module (valued at $17)
- Interactive training sessions with field experts about:
- Meeting girls’ needs for social connection in sport
- Engaging girls in goal setting and creating a vision for themselves
- Preventing injuries that cut girls’ participation in sport short
Note: Participants should come ready to be active wearing shoes with non-marking soles.
Registration Deadline: Monday, November 26 at 5:00 p.m.
More Information: Keeping Girls in Sports: Learning Through Action
For other training and learning opportunities, visit Ontario Basketball’s Professional Development Opportunities page.