OBA Gyms for Kids Committee seeking members
The purpose of the Ontario Basketball (OBA) Gyms for Kids Committee is to improve and facilitate access to gyms for OBA Member Clubs and where possible, provide programming to OBA Members that is compliant with provincial and local health and safety standards. The Committee will work collaboratively with basketball facilities across Ontario to secure gym time for OBA Member Clubs and provide recommendations to the OBA Board of Directors about basketball programming opportunities for OBA Members based on market research and consultation with OBA stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Committee shall:
- Reach out to OBA Member Clubs across Ontario to establish the facilities required by each Member Club and the extent to which Member Clubs’ access to facilities has been affected by COVID-19 facility closures.
- Reach out to basketball facilities across Ontario to secure facilities for use by OBA Member Clubs and/or OBA programming.
- Provide recommendations to the OBA Board of Directors regarding OBA programming that is compliant with provincial and local health and safety standards.
- Provide recommendations to the OBA Board of Directors regarding opportunities to alleviate inequitable access to facilities amongst OBA Member Clubs.
Each member of the Committee shall:
- Attend all meetings or conference calls and provide meaningful contributions to advance the Committee.
- Commit to provide leadership within the basketball community by balancing the needs of OBA Members with the requirements of provincial and local health and safety standards.
- Work collaboratively with OBA Member Clubs and facilities to help alleviate inequitable access to facilities.
- Assist in the creation of thorough recommendations to be presented to the OBA Board of Directors.
Membership of the Committee
The Committee will be composed of a maximum of nine (9) individuals appointed by the Board of Directors. A quorum of Committee members will be a majority of Committee members.
Committee members must include:
• Board Directors (3);
• Active Members (3);
• OBA staff members (2);
• Executive Director (non-voting member).
OBA Members interested in joining the Gyms for Kids Committee should submit their intentions to Kauri LaFontaine, Senior Coordinator, Basketball Development, no later than October 21, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.