Job Opportunity with Ontario Basketball: Coordinator, Membership & Events
In a unique opportunity, Ontario Basketball (OBA) is looking for a dynamic individual that will be responsible for supporting the organization through club and competition activities. The successful candidate will be involved in the execution of OBA Championships – the largest 5-on-5 basketball tournament in the nation, and membership registration under the guidance of the Director, Clubs and Competitions.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a team environment, demonstrate an energetic attitude and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to OBA’s mission, vision and values need apply.
Responsibilities of the coordinator will include but are not limited to:
- Execution of OBA Championships – the largest 5-on-5 basketball tournament in Canada
- Support membership (coach and athlete) registration
- Management of additional membership-driven events – including but not limited to Annual Meeting of Members, OBA Hall of Fame and 3×3
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
Skills and qualifications:
- A university degree or college diploma in sport administration/management and/or communications
- Experience in a sport or sport-related background is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency, including but not limited to familiarity with website management
- Be able to work independently, maintain tight schedules and flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) in a dynamic and service-oriented team environment
- Be able to handle multiple tasks, people and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to meet critical deadlines
Compensation: In addition to health benefits, Abilities Centre membership, and complimentary parking, a competitive salary will be commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Applicants should send resume and cover letter to Mike Barbin, Director, Clubs & Competitions.
Deadline for submissions: Friday October 4, 2019
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.