Job Opportunity with Ontario Basketball: Coordinator, Basketball Development
In a unique opportunity, Ontario Basketball (OBA) is looking for a dynamic individual that will be responsible for supporting the organization through community development initiatives. The successful candidate will be involved in the coordination of existing and development of new community- and grassroots-based programs under the guidance of the Senior Director, Basketball Development.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a team environment, demonstrate an energetic attitude and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to OBA’s mission, vision and values need apply.
Responsibilities of the coordinator will include but are not limited to:
- Administration and coordination of Mega Hoops to existing groups and promotion to prospective members
- Coordinate logistics for Ontario Summer Development Program
- Administer Jr. NBA Youth Basketball Program to existing groups and promote program to prospective members
- Develop and manage 3×3 stream for house leagues and recreational programs
- Liaise with existing and newly-established community partners to deliver basketball programming
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
Skills and qualifications:
- A university degree of college diploma in sport administration/ management
- Experience in a sport or sport-related background is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Be able to work independently, maintain tight schedules and flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) in a dynamic and service-oriented team environment
- Be able to handle multiple tasks, people and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to meet critical deadlines
Compensation: In addition to health benefits, Abilities Centre membership, and complimentary parking, a competitive salary will be commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Applicants should send resume and cover letter to Kauri LaFontaine, Senior Coordinator, Basketball Development
Deadline for submissions: Monday, September 9, 2019
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.