Job Opportunity: Manager, Business Development & Partnerships
In a unique opportunity, Ontario Basketball (OBA) is seeking a dynamic individual who will be responsible for developing, executing, and managing all aspects of Ontario Basketball’s current and future partnership and business development efforts.
The duties of the Manager, Business Development & Partnerships will include: managing existing partner relationships and developing new long-term relationships, fulfillment and activation of agreed upon partnership deliverables, maintaining a partner database, and collecting and reporting data & analytics for campaigns as required.
This position is part of the Marketing & Communications department and reports to the Executive Director. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and willingness to work in a team environment, and exemplify the values of Ontario Basketball.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead in the planning, development, and execution of all OBA partnerships.
- Build and foster trusted relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Recruit new sponsors for flagship Ontario Basketball programs, including: Ontario Basketball League, Ontario Scholastic Basketball Association, Mega Hoops, and 3×3.
- Maintain existing sponsors and support additional funding for: Ontario Basketball League, high performance programs, coaching, and other OBA programs as needs and opportunities are identified.
- Work in collaboration with the Executive Director and Senior Leadership team to develop new business opportunities and diversified revenue strategies.
- Draft tailored sponsorship packages including slide decks, rate cards, etc.
- Seek out funding and partnership opportunities for Ontario Basketball’s current and future Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives.
- Meet or exceed partnership targets as agreed upon with the Executive Director.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, or equivalent job experience.
- 5+ years experience in partnership management.
- Strong background in digital promotions and fundraising.
- Experience in the sport industry and/or event sponsorship is a strong asset.
- Proven stakeholder negotiation and relationship management skills.
- An understanding of Ontario Basketball’s programs, services, and sponsor needs is an asset.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and meet or exceed sponsorship targets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and organizational skills.
- Excellent administrative, project management, teamwork and planning skills.
- Strong ability to work cooperatively and effectively at all levels and areas within the organization.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
In addition to health benefits, Abilities Centre membership, and complimentary parking, a competitive salary will be commensurate with experience, plus commission on partnerships obtained.
To learn more about Ontario Basketball, please visit basketball.on.ca.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence by Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 5:00PM EST to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Claude Nembhard.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.