Job Opportunity: Head Coach, Varsity Men’s Basketball – Canadore Panthers
Canadore College in North Bay is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Coach, Panther Varsity Men’s Basketball.
Location: College Drive Campus – North Bay
POSITION TYPE: Part Time
The Head Coach of the Panther Men’s Varsity Basketball program is responsible for the recruitment, development, implementation and evaluation of the technical, tactical and physical curriculum that prepares the student-athlete for successful competition within the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA) and the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA). This is a part-time position that requires weekday daytime and evening hours, as well as weekends.
The basketball season begins with try-outs first week September. Invitational tournaments and competitive OCAA league season commences mid October leading into OCAA provincials in later February and Nationals in March.
The team practices three times a week (1.5 – 2 hours/practice) and participates in daily fitness programs. Canadore competes within the OCAA league and plays some exhibition games and tournaments.
- Minimum of five years of coaching experience, preferably at the college level
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, sound administrative skills, strong motivational abilities and a commitment to fair play
- Must be of good character and have demonstrated a high caliber of leadership, sportsmanship and coaching performance
- Preferred NCCP Level I practical, technical and theory
- Demonstrated positive relations with OBA, school and club coaches for the purpose of recruitment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing the overall athletic plans (long range to daily lesson plans) to maximize player and team development
- Preparing offensive and defensive strategies and systems
- Identifying and recruiting quality student-athletes
- Maintaining effective communications and administrative systems amongst coaches, players and athletic staff
- Respecting and supporting OCAA, CCAA and Canadore College policies and procedures
- Motivating and mentoring student-athletes to succeed academically and athletically
A cover letter together with a current resume, quoting the above competition number, will be accepted by the Organizational Development & Talent Management Department , Room C343, or by E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org., or Fax: 705-474-8005, until 12:00 p.m., April 20, 2020
Canadore College is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.