Job Opportunity: Coordinator, Basketball Development
Reports to: (OBA) Director of Basketball Operations
In a unique opportunity, Ontario Basketball (OBA) is looking for a dynamic individual that will be responsible for supporting the organization through community development initiatives. The successful candidate will be involved in the coordination of existing and development of new community- and grassroots-based programs under the guidance of the Senior Director, Basketball Development.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a team environment, demonstrate an energetic attitude and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to OBA’s mission, vision and values need apply.
Responsibilities of the coordinator will include but are not limited to:
- Administrative Support
- Administration and coordination of Mega Hoops to existing groups and promotion to prospective members.
- Administer Jr. NBA Youth Basketball Program to existing groups and promote program to prospective members.
- Work with Basketball Development team to support the building of programming to suit the needs of the membership and new opportunities.
- Manage database of new and existing programs.
- Communication & Collaboration
- Manage and train Mega Hoops Street Team members for clinic delivery across the province.
- Liaise with existing and newly established community partners to deliver basketball programming.
- Work with Director of Basketball Development and Technical Committee to assist in the building of additional developmental resources for programs.
- Processing Mega Hoops kit orders as received.
- Tracking all program materials to ensure all orders can be filled on time.
- Supporting the Basketball Operations department where needed.
- Event Planning & Execution
- Manage and execute newly developed 3×3 stream of recreation and competition-based events.
- Coordinate logistics for Ontario Summer Development Program (and Ontario Summer Games requirements following the bi-yearly games cycle).
- Plan and schedule Mega Hoops school visits as requested.
Experience in a sport or sport-related background is an asset
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Computer proficiency (i.e. Microsoft Office)
Be able to work independently, maintain tight schedules and flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) in a dynamic and service-oriented team environment
Be able to handle multiple tasks, people and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to meet critical deadlines
To learn more about the Ontario Basketball Association, please visit www.basketball.on.ca.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence by December 20th 2021 to Kauri LaFontaine at email@example.com.