Call for Applications
Ontario Basketball requires enthusiastic and energetic people who love the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at the provincial level. Successful candidates will represent Ontario Basketball as the Mega Hoops Street Team delivering programming across Toronto, and possibly the province.
Reporting to the Coordinator of Basketball Development, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of the Mega Hoops Street Team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Available to attend the Fundamentals NCCP Training
- Experience with on-court basketball delivery.
- Be fun, engaging and have knowledge on how to work with children in a sport setting
- A strong open communicator who is organized with scheduling
- Aligned with the goals of Ontario Basketball
- Knowledgeable of and practicing the principles of Canadian Sport for Life
- Available throughout weekdays to deliver Mega Hoops programming in schools throughout their community/region
- Valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle for transportation is preferred
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Ontario Basketball to schedule and deliver Mega Hoops clinics in elementary schools throughout their region
- Effectively communicating with Ontario Basketball
- Executing Mega Hoops clinics
- Invoice Ontario Basketball following the completed clinic
Type of Position: Mega Hoops Street Team
Term: December 2019 to August 2020
Compensation: $100 for every clinic run & Street Team Gear
Application Process: Interested applicants should complete the application form and attach their resume for review.
Application Deadline: Friday November 15th, 2019
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please e-mail Jason Jansson.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected to proceed in the selection process will be contacted.