Ontario Basketball (OBA) requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at the provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved in various areas of the organization’s marketing and communications initiatives, gaining hands-on learning experience which compliments their education. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating digital content for OBA’s website and social media channels, including written features, graphics, and videos.
- Providing communications coverage of various events across the province, which may require working evenings and weekends.
- Ongoing website maintenance, including preparing news content and updating webpages.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport communications or related field.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Graphic design skills are highly desired.
- Experience live streaming and shooting and editing videos is an asset.
- Photography experience is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with various stakeholders.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends).
Type of Position: Internship
Term: January to April 2022
Application Process: Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume saved as one PDF file to Emily Acton, Coordinator of Business and Communications, with the position(s) they are applying for in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 11:59PM on Friday, October 22, 2021
Winter 2022 Internships may be hybrid, with time split in the office and work remotely. Ontario Basketball will loan each intern a company-issued laptop for the purpose of remote work. Interviews will be conducted virtually during the week of October 25 – 29, 2021.
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Claude Nembhard, Executive Director, or Emily Acton.