Call for Applications: Winter 2019 Internship
Ontario Basketball requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at a provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved in various areas of coaching and officiating development, including administration of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) and National Officiating Certification Program (NOCP), coaching and officiating clinics, and developing coaching and officiating resources.
Reporting to the Director of Basketball Development, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with coaching and officiating event administration.
- On-site event management for various coaching and officiating clinics across the province, which requires working some evenings and weekends.
- Communicating with coaches, officials, evaluators, and other stakeholders.
- Administrative duties such as data entry and database management.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport management or related field.
- Event administration and management experience.
- An understanding of NCCP, NOCP, Canadian Sport for Life, and the Long-Term Athlete Development model.
- Familiarity working with video cameras, iPads, and audio/visual equipment is an asset.
- Experience working with video editing software is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends).
Type of Position: Internship
Term: January to April 2019
Application Process: Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Lindsay Walsh, Director of Basketball Development.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 19, 2018
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For additional internship opportunities at Ontario Basketball as well as basketball-related job and volunteer opportunities, visit Ontario Basketball’s Get Involved page.