Call for Applications: Winter 2020 Internship
Ontario Basketball requires an enthusiastic, energetic individual who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at the provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved with all aspects of Clubs and Competitions organization and administration and will work directly with member club contacts and coaches regarding the Ontario Basketball club season, team registration, and Ontario Basketball Championships.
Reporting to the Director of Clubs and Competitions, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with and assemble Ontario Basketball Championship packages for host committees.
- Assist in the execution and communications coverage of Ontario Basketball Championships.
- Creating and managing digital content for Ontario Basketball Championships including graphics and videos.
- Assist with registration of club members and teams.
- Database management (e.g., teams, players, coaches) for Ontario Basketball Championships.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport or event management, communications or a related field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with various stakeholders in a service-oriented environment.
- Graphic design skills are highly desired.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Customer service and event management experience are assets.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Weekend work will be required during Ontario Basketball Championships.
Type of Position: Internship
Term: January to May 2020
Number of Positions: 1
Application Process: Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume saved as one PDF file to Bianca Bohn, Coordinator of Membership Services, with the position they are applying for in the subject line.
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For additional internship opportunities at Ontario Basketball as well as basketball-related job and volunteer opportunities, visit Ontario Basketball’s Get Involved page.