Ontario Basketball requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who love the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at the provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved with all aspects of Clubs and Competitions administration for the Ontario Basketball club season and Ontario Basketball Championships, while gaining hands-on learning experience which compliments their education. Reporting to the Director, Clubs and Competitions, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with creating Ontario Basketball Championship packages for host committees.
- Assist in the execution and communications coverage of Ontario Basketball Championship.
- Creating and managing digital content for Ontario Basketball Championships including graphics and videos.
- Assist with registration of club members and teams.
- Database management (e.g., teams, players, coaches) for Ontario Basketball Championships.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport or event management, communications, or a related field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with various stakeholders in a service-oriented environment.
- Graphic design skills are highly desired.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Customer service and event management experience are assets.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Weekend work will be required for Ontario Basketball Championships.
Type of Position: Internship
Term: January to May 2022
Application Process: Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume saved as one PDF file to Emily Acton, Coordinator of Business and Communications, with the position(s) they are applying for in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 11:59PM on Friday, October 22, 2021
Winter 2022 Internships may be hybrid, with time split in the office and work remotely. Ontario Basketball will loan each intern a company-issued laptop for the purpose of remote work. Interviews will be conducted virtually during the week of October 25 – 29, 2021.
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Claude Nembhard, Executive Director, or Emily Acton.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.