Call for Applications: Winter 2020 Internship
The successful candidates will be involved with various areas of basketball development, including: high performance initiatives (Ontario Scholastic Basketball Association, Targeted Athlete Strategy, Centre for Performance), community development initiatives (Mega Hoops, Hoops, Spikes & Goals, Jr. NBA, Ontario Summer Development Program), and coaching and officiating clinics and certifications.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Basketball Development, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating with coaches, athletes, parents and other stakeholders via email and phone.
- Assistance with planning and executing various basketball development programs.
- Administrative duties such as data entry and database management.
- On-site event management for community programming, coaching clinics, and high performance programs and training camps.
- Creation of communication materials to promote various basketball development programs.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport management or related field is an asset.
- An understanding of Canadian Sport for Life and the Long-Term Athlete Development model.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends).
Type of Position: Internship
Term: January to April 2020
Number of Positions: 2
Application Process: Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume saved as one PDF file to Emily Acton, Coordinator of Business and Communications, with the position(s) they are applying for in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Monday, October 21, 2019
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For additional internship opportunities at Ontario Basketball as well as basketball-related job and volunteer opportunities, visit Ontario Basketball’s Get Involved page.