Ontario Basketball (OBA) requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at the provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved with various areas of basketball development, including high performance initiatives (Ontario Scholastic Basketball Association, Targeted Athlete Strategy, Centre for Performance), community development initiatives (Mega Hoops, Jr. NBA, Ontario Summer Development Program), and coaching and officiating clinics and certifications. Reporting to the Director of Basketball Operations, the successful candidate will gain hands-on learning experience which compliments their education.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating with coaches, athletes, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Assistance with planning and executing various basketball development programs.
- Administrative duties such as data entry and database management.
- Onsite event management for community programming, coaching clinics, and high-performance programs and training camps.
- Creation of communication materials to promote various basketball development programs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport management or a related field is an asset.
- An understanding of Canadian Sport for Life and the Long-Term Athlete Development model.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends).
Type of Position: Internship
Term: January to April 2022
Application Process: Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume saved as one PDF file to Emily Acton, Coordinator of Business and Communications, with the position(s) they are applying for in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 11:59PM on Friday, October 22, 2021
Winter 2022 Internships may be hybrid, with time split in the office and work remotely. Ontario Basketball will loan each intern a company-issued laptop for the purpose of remote work. Interviews will be conducted virtually during the week of October 25 – 29, 2021.
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Claude Nembhard or Emily Acton.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.