Call for Applications – Head Coach – Centre for Performance
The Ontario Basketball Association (OBA) is seeking coaches interested in leading the 2023-2024 Centre for Performance program in various regions across the province for both boys and girls.
Targeted start date for programs is mid-October 2023.
- Have the appropriate level of NCCP certification.
- (e.g., U10 to U12 “Learn to Train”; U13 to U14 “Train to Train”).
- Be a member in good standing with OBA.
- Have access to a facility/gym to provide the required hours of training for the program.
The successful coach must also be:
- Knowledgeable of and practicing the principles of Canada Basketball Style of Play.
- A strong and open communicator who is organized with scheduling.
- Connected to the current basketball environment in Ontario.
- Aligned with the goals of the High-Performance Division of OBA and the curriculum requirements of the Centre for Performance.
- Be an ambassador for OBA, High-Performance, and the Centre for Performance on and off the basketball court.
- Promoting the Centre for Performance program you are assigned to.
Note: Ontario Basketball will post your regional program information on our website and provide an email blast to all potential participants in the area.
- Communicating with the parents of the athletes in your regional program.
- Coordinating 32 hours of gym time for regional training within the time frame defined by the program. Opportunity for rental fees to be covered by OBA will be discussed in interviews.
- Delivering 32 hours of regional training (with the support of an Assistant Coach).
- Engaging your Assistant and/or Volunteer Coach(es) during training sessions.
- Always supervising the athletes during the training hours.
- Meaningful experience that can be put towards a Coaching Resume.
- Honorarium and financial compensation.
- U11 to U14 Head Coaches receive an honorarium of $400.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 15, 2023
You will need the following to apply:
- Cover Letter & Resume (combined into 1 file)
- NCCP number (please include this on your header in your CL and Resume)
- Current (within the last 12 months) Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) or Criminal Record Check (CRC) to complete your application. (PDF file)
- Have completed the Safe Sport Course in the Locker (this course is free).
All applicants must apply through the Centre for Performance RAMP registration portal.
If you do not have a RAMP account, you will need to create one when you click the Centre for Performance RAMP registration portal link.
If you already have a RAMP account, when you click the Centre for Performance RAMP registration portal link, you will log in and then click on the “Coach/Staff Registration” button to complete your application.
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Dave Stockton (firstname.lastname@example.org).