As an annual culmination to the club basketball season, Ontario Basketball organizes and stages the Ontario Basketball Championships, which are open to all member clubs. Teams entered into the Ontario Basketball Championships are made up of community “rep” and club team programs. Ontario Basketball offers a competitive playing environment by hosting competitions in various divisions, with Division 1 being the highest level of competition. Each level is offered to male and female athletes in nine age categories from U10 Novice to U19 Junior.
- To provide opportunities for Ontario’s youth to participate in organized basketball tournament play.
- To provide training and development opportunities for athletes, coaches, officials, administrators and volunteers in order to increase the level of technical support available to local, regional and provincial level athletes.
- To partner with agencies involved in the delivery of basketball programs.
- To establish, administer and enforce rules and regulations governing the provincial championships.
- To encourage and stimulate positive public awareness of the sport of basketball, Ontario Basketball Championships, and Ontario Basketball.
- To help promote and develop the sport of basketball in Canada and internationally.
- To provide regional and provincial evaluation opportunities for basketball officials.
Coordinator, Club Development