Assistant Coaching Opportunity with Carleton Women’s Basketball Team
The Carleton University Ravens are now accepting applications for a highly motivated leader to assist in directing its Women’s Basketball program.
Carleton University Athletics has a proud tradition of athletic excellence; the women’s basketball program is widely regarded as one of the top university basketball programs in the country. Consistently ranked in the USPORTS top ten and participating in the USPORTS National Championship 4 times in the past 9 years winning the National Trophy/Banner in 2018.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct of the Women’s Basketball Head Coach, in consultation with the Director, Basketball Operations and Assistant Director, High Performance Sport, the ideal candidate is committed to managing an outstanding high performance program focused on student-athlete recruitment and retention, community engagement, and development of basketball both regionally and nationally. In addition to the delivery of a nationally excellent varsity program, Carleton Basketball delivers a comprehensive youth program.
- Demonstrated commitment to coaching professional development.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong technical and tactical basketball knowledge.
- Experience developing and maintaining positive alumni, community and recruiting networks.
- Understanding and knowledge of the Canadian basketball system, including Canada West, Canadian Interuniversity Sport and Canada Basketball.
- Demonstrated collaborator and team player.
- Strong commitment to service excellence.
- Experience working in an academic setting.
Education & Experience:
- University degree, preferably in Physical Education or a related discipline.
- Fully certified through the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Level 2 (Level 3 preferred).
- At least three years coaching experience at a high performance level
Salary: $35,000 – $50,000 dependent upon experience
Closing Date: Friday July 12, 2019
Interested applicants should forward their resume, cover letter, and three references to Dave Smart by email. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
View the full posting (PDF) on the Carleton Ravens website.