Accepting Applications: Graduate Assistant Coach, Cape Breton University Women’s Basketball Program
The Cape Breton University Women’s Basketball program is accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant Coach.
The graduate assistant will be required to work approximately 20 hours per week and assist in the daily operations of a USPORTS Women’s Basketball program.
Eligible candidate must meet the requirements of the MBA at CBU. Successful candidates will qualify for an award covering the cost of tuition for the chosen program as well as an award covering the cost of a residence room on campus at CBU.
Funding is guaranteed for (2) years in the Masters program and is subject to annual review of academic progress and coaching performance.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Head Coach with all areas of the women’s basketball program with focus on; player development, recruiting, scouting, video preparation, social media programming, alumni relations, as well as internal and external community development.
- Working with CBU Camps and youth programs in local player development will also be part of duties.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must have a desire to pursue coaching as a profession
- Knowledge of USPORTS and AUS Rules and Regulations
- Computer skills (experience with Synergy Software an asset)
- Previous college or professional playing experience or previous college coaching experience is required.
- Previous coaching experience at high school or club level is preferred.
Start Date: August 31, 2019
Deadline for Submissions: Will remain open until filled.
For more information on application procedures and requirements, please contact:
Fabian McKenzie, Head Coach – Women’s Basketball
1250 Grand Lake Road
1-902-563-1874 | Fabian_mckenzie@cbu.ca