Waterloo Warriors Now Hiring: Women’s Basketball Associate Coach
The University of Waterloo is accepting applications for an associate coach position for their women’s basketball program.
The Women’s Basketball Associate Coach will work closely with the Head Coach of a Waterloo Warrior athletic program who is directly accountable to the Associate Director of Interuniversity Athletics. The Associate Coach will also assist with responsibilities related to the execution of a comprehensive plan to support all student-athletes on the designated team.
The incumbent will support and act in accordance with the strategic direction and initiatives of the Warriors Athletic & Recreation program and the University of Waterloo as they relate to student-athlete development, recruitment, and mentorship, revenue generation and appropriate administrative responsibilities.
- Ensures compliance of the Department student-athlete code of conduct.
- Provides student-athletes with high quality sport experiences in an environment that pursues excellence in athletics and academics.
- Assists in executing the philosophy and framework for operation of the athletic program.
- Leads student-athletes, assistant coaches and high-performance support staff towards successful practice and competitive performances.
- Assists in creating a strategic multi-year program plan that includes assessment and evaluation of staff, student-athlete and team performance.
- Supports annual planning instruments outlining all elements of the student-athlete physical, emotional, competitive and academic success plan.
- Works with Interuniversity staff to identify student-athletes at risk in academics or eligibility, provide direction for supports and resources where necessary.
- Defining staff expectations for other coaches, mentorship of young coaches and assessment of outcomes.
- Provides an inclusive and holistic environment for student-athlete development.
- Encourages the pursuit of excellence in academics, athletics and personal development.