Basketball Job Opportunity: Head Coach, Women’s Basketball – Durham Lords
The Durham College Athletics & Recreation department is seeking a Head Coach for the Women’s Basketball team on a contract basis beginning August 2022. Reporting to the Director, Athletics & Recreation, this is a part-time contract position with possibility of yearly renewal. A commitment to being able to work evenings and weekends and travel to and from work at multiple locations, including off-campus sites is required.
The Women’s Basketball Head Coach will have the proven experience to develop a high-performance basketball program coupled with an understanding of a student-centered approach focusing on the development of the whole student (high academic achievement, leadership development, community service, and culture development.)
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, and manage a National Championship caliber post-secondary basketball program
- Recruit, develop and mentor student-athletes with high athletic skills and great character not only provincially but nationally
- Develop a perennial conference contending program.
- Create a community of recruitment partners eager to contribute to developing a top-of-class team
- Provide coaching leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of the student-athletes
- Provide coaching leadership to coaching staff and the overall program
- Coaching experience at the post-secondary level i.e. college, university or equivalent level preferred
- A demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and inspire student-athletes
- Good understanding of the OCAA conference, league, rules and expectations
- Success at Provincial or National Championships is an asset
- Strong commitment to upholding the values and mission of Durham College
- NCCP – Competition Regional Coach Certified required, Provincial Coach Trained or Certified is an asset
- Experience in recruiting student-athletes within a post-secondary environment is essential.
- Strong communication, motivational, and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of modern data driven sport specific training, tactics and technical skills development
- Ability to articulate and implement goals in the development of the program
- Ability to coach during evenings and attend competitions (home & away) on weekends
- Ability to attend coaches’ meetings and related athletic department special events
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, organize and lead team specific fundraising activities an asset
- A positive team first attitude during a busy and challenging atmosphere is essential
- Ability to work in a team environment
Interested applicants should submit their resume & cover letter through Durham’s online job portal by May 15, 2022 – Competition number ADP22-06.