Job Opportunity: Director of Admissions & Recruiting for Athlete Institute
The full job description and application instructions are below.
Position Title: Director of Admissions and Recruiting
Employer: Athlete Institute
Salary: $50,000 annually plus 10% of Summer Academy revenue
Extras: Cell phone allowance, vehicle, 3 weeks paid vacation, travel and recruiting budget
Application Deadline: Friday, March 2
Application Instructions: E-mail cover letter and resume to Amy Green, Director of Facilities & Human Resources
The Director of Admissions and Recruiting is the lead liaison between the Athlete Institute Academy/Summer Academy, potential student-athletes, parents and coaches. The process of sourcing, recruiting, selecting student-athletes and directing admission strategies is the key responsibility of this role along with promoting the academy both nationally and internationally and building a regional sales and admissions staff.
The Director of Admissions and Recruiting will coordinate and facilitate on and off campus recruiting events, including: coordinating tours of the campus, visiting potential students to provide program details/eligibility requirements, hosting information sessions and making school presentations. Being an integral part in creating and developing marketing materials (brochures and pamphlets) and marketing strategies as well as supervising the staff responsible for carrying out these tasks will also be part of this role.
Interview and Evaluate Candidates:
The Director of Admissions and Recruiting is also faced with the task of evaluating potential student-athletes and will work with coaches and/or administration staff to create criteria and standards for eligibility and admission.
The Director of Admissions and Recruiting will oversee all aspects of the admission process, which will include financial aid assistance, scholarship applications, registration forms, course enrolment and ensuring any additional required documentation is submitted.
- Develop admission organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction, and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establish admissions operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; and implementing change.
- Maintain continuous flow of quality applicants and transfers to the academy by analyzing trends in enrolment and marketing activities; leading activities to continue programs that are effective; modifying programs; and presenting new sales strategies for the academy’s recruitment and admission activities.
- Promote the academy nationwide by making presentations and speeches at high school conferences and community job fairs throughout Canada.
- Build a region-based team to expand and recruit in different markets both nationally and internationally.
- Pursue possible governmental grants and other aid opportunities for the academy.
- Build and execute the process from recruitment to campus visits to admissions.
- Build and maintain alumni and alumni parent relationships.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Forward thinker and active listener
- Team leader/motivator
- Organizational & time management astuteness
- Proficient in budgeting and expense reporting
- Effective problem solving skills
- Up to date on the latest computer software and technology
- Analysis and data interpretation understanding
- Experienced in drafting policy and documents
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Five years experience in a recruiter, sales or related position
- Minimum education level: Bachelor’s degree
For a full list of current basketball-related job and volunteer opportunities, visit Ontario Basketball’s Get Involved section.