Job Opportunity: Coordinator MIS, Finance and Administration (Contract 6-12 Months)
Ontario Basketball is looking for a dynamic individual to provide financial and administrative support. The successful candidate will be involved with accounts payable and accounts receivable, leading in all online payment processing and review general ledger accounts for accuracy and reconciliation and administrative responsibilities in coordination of financial files.
Reporting to the Director, Business Operations and Finance, the successful candidate will have a passion for the sport and enjoy working as part of a team, will demonstrate an energetic attitude and desire to provide positive results.
Responsibilities of the Coordinator, MIS, Finance and Administration will include but are not limited to the following:
Accounts Receivable and Payable (35%)
- Reconciling online payments with banking information
- Entering account details from online registration platform into Sage
- Coordination of cheque deposits and refund processing.
- Entering, filing and scanning of accounts payable documentation.
- Processing cheque and electronic fund transfers.
- Coordination of credit card statements.
- Following up immediately on outstanding items.
- Validating expense related to approved budgets.
Special Projects (15%)
- Coordination, creation and implementation of databases and spreadsheet processes.
Online Registration Platform (20%)
- Financial and membership inquiries.
- Working with online registration developers to develop better processes.
- Evaluate data to ensure consistency in reporting.
- Monthly actual to budget updates in SmartSheet.
- Month-end review and adjustments of GL and project code accounts.
- Database or spreadsheet creation upon request.
- Reviewing to ensure accuracy within finance software.
- Year-end audit support.
- General administration, responding to emails and calls when required.
- Help with large marketing mailings when required.
- Open and distribute mail.
Skills and qualifications of the Coordinator, MIS, Finance and Administration are the following:
- A university degree or college diploma in finance / business administration.
- 1-3 years of progressive experience with accounts payable, receivables and general bookkeeping.
- Previous experience with finance software is a requirement (Sage 50 preferable).
- Previous experience with Excel, Word, Outlook, and SmartSheet an asset.
- Excellent systems applications skills and data manipulation
- Experience in a sport or sport-related background is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks, people and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to meet critical deadlines.
- Be able to work independently, maintain tight schedules and flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) in a dynamic and service-oriented team environment.
Deadline for submissions:
Friday October 22, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
In addition to health benefits, Abilities Centre membership, and complimentary parking, a competitive salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to:
Director, Business Operations and Finance
Ontario Basketball is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
Ontario Basketball welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.