Ontario Basketball requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at a provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the Ontario Basketball League (OBL), including communications and administration, gaining hands-on learning experience which compliments their education. Reporting to the Director, Clubs & Competitions, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating digital content about OBL for website and social media channels, including on-site game coverage.
- Ongoing website maintenance for OBL information and updates.
- Assisting with OBL registration and database management.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport communications, media, marketing, or related field.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Photo and video editing skills are highly desired.
- Photography and videography experience is an asset.
- Team player with ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with various stakeholders in a service-oriented environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends).
Type of Position: Internship
Term: January to April 2022
Application Process: Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume saved as one PDF file to Emily Acton, Coordinator of Business and Communications, with the position(s) they are applying for in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 11:59PM on Friday, October 22, 2021
Winter 2022 Internships may be hybrid, with time split in the office and work remotely. Ontario Basketball will loan each intern a company-issued laptop for the purpose of remote work. Interviews will be conducted virtually during the week of October 25 – 29, 2021.
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Claude Nembhard, Executive Director, or Emily Acton.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.