Call for Applications: Winter 2020 Internship
Ontario Basketball requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at a provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the Ontario Basketball League (OBL), including communications and administration.
Reporting to the Manager of League Development, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating digital content about OBL for website and social media channels, including on-site game coverage.
- Ongoing website maintenance for OBL information and updates.
- Assisting with OBL registration and database management.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport communications or related field.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Photo and video editing skills are highly desired.
- Photography and videography experience is an asset.
- Team player with ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with various stakeholders in a service-oriented environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends).
Type of Position: Internship
Term: January to April 2020
Number of Positions: 1
Application Process: Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume saved as one PDF file to Emily Acton, Coordinator of Business and Communications, with the position(s) they are applying for in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Monday, October 21, 2019
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For additional internship opportunities at Ontario Basketball as well as basketball-related job and volunteer opportunities, visit Ontario Basketball’s Get Involved page.