Beginning in the 2018–19 season, Ontario Basketball implemented a process to sanction exhibition games between affiliated member clubs. Exhibition games must be sanctioned by Ontario Basketball in order for game results to count for rankings and, most importantly, for Ontario Basketball insurance to be valid.
Process to have your exhibition game sanctioned by Ontario Basketball:
Note: The process to host an exhibition game is different from the process to host a sanctioned tournament.
- Any club team affiliated with Ontario Basketball is eligible to host an exhibition game against another Ontario Basketball-affiliated club team.
- There is no fee associated with submitting an exhibition game for sanctioning.
Before the Game
- Submit your exhibition game to be sanctioned by Ontario Basketball through SportSavvy at least 1 week before the scheduled date. (Follow the instructions to submit an exhibition game through SportSavvy [.pdf].)
- Before playing your game, check back in SportSavvy to ensure that the game’s status has changed to “Sanctioned”.
During the Game
After the Game
- Keep the game scoresheet on file.
- Submit the game result to Ontario Basketball through SportSavvy within 14 days following your exhibition game. (Follow the instructions to submit an exhibition game through SportSavvy [.pdf].) If the result is not submitted within this 14-day period, your club may be subject to an administration fee.