Call for Applications
Ontario Basketball requires a team of enthusiastic, energetic people who love the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at the provincial level. Successful candidates will represent Ontario Basketball as Mega Hoops Clinicians delivering programming across communities in Ontario.
Mega Hoops is Ontario Basketball’s flagship community program designed to teach young athletes fundamental movement and basic basketball skills in a fun environment, and Ontario Basketball needs experienced clinicians to help deliver high-quality clinics in schools and at community events across Ontario.
Reporting to the Coordinator of Community Development, the successful candidates will enjoy working as part of the Mega Hoops Street Team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Ontario Basketball to schedule and deliver fun, engaging Mega Hoops clinics in elementary schools throughout respective region following age- and stage-appropriate curriculum
- Effectively communicating with Ontario Basketball and the schools where clinics will be delivered
- Submitting accurate and timely invoices to Ontario Basketball based on number of clinics delivered
Skills and Qualifications:
- Trained in NCCP Basketball FUNdamentals or willingness to become trained (6-hour course)
- Experience with on-court basketball delivery
- Fun, engaging leader with knowledge of how to work with children in a sport setting
- Knowledgeable about Long-Term Athlete Development and Canadian Sport for Life principles with practical experience integrating them into sport programs
- Open to being evaluated in order to grow and improve as a clinician
- Strong, open communicator with excellent organizational skills
- Aligned with the mission, vision, and values of Ontario Basketball
- Available weekdays to deliver Mega Hoops programming in schools throughout respective region
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Type of Position: Part-time contract
Compensation: Honorarium per clinic
Application Process: Interested applicants must complete the online application form below. As part of the application, candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and valid police check.
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please e-mail Jason Jansson.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected to proceed in the selection process will be contacted.
Mega Hoops Clinician Application
Coordinator, Community Development