INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Ontario Basketball requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at the provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved in various areas of communications and the development of community-oriented programs; specifically Mega Hoops. These are well-established programs that require a conscientious and detail-oriented individual.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Communications, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, will demonstrate an energetic attitude and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with Ontario Basketball communications strategies; website, social media, membership, etc.
- Providing content for the association’s website and social media outlets.
- Database management for various OBA portfolios; media, coaches, etc.
- Coordinating community outreach programs and events during summer.
- Perform other related administrative tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A university degree or college diploma (or working towards) in sport administration or sport management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of CS4L and LTAD model.
- Be able to work independently, maintain tight schedules and flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends) in a dynamic and service-oriented team environment.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to meet critical deadlines.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in communications, community development, social media strategy or publications.
Deadline for submissions: May 9, 2012
Type of position: Full-time internship ($10.50 per hour)
Term: May 28 - August 24
Applicants should send their covering letter and resume to:
Attention: Gord Thain, Coordinator, Communications
Click here for the full posting.
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Back to Listing